Top Clovis Neighborhoods
- Old Town Clovis ($150k +)
- Harlan Ranch ($200k +)
- Quail Lake ($200k +)
- Deauville Estates ($290k +)
- Buchanan Estates ($375k +)
- Polo Ranch Estates ($550k +)
- Blackhawk Estates ($750k +)
- Shenandoah Farms ($800k +)
- Monte Verdi Estates ($900k +)
Homes by Clovis School
Clovis Real Estate News
- Make 2015 the Year You Move to Clovis – the #1 Ranked City in CA!
- Buchanan High School Homes for Sale!
- Amazing Mountain Retreat
- It Pays to Use Our Realtors
- Clovis Homes are Selling Fast!
- Clovis North School Home for Sale
- Fresno & Clovis Homes for Sale
- FREE List of Harlan Ranch Homes!
- Clovis Voted Top CA City to Raise a Family
- Buchanan & Clovis Schools Receive Honors
Join Our Facebook Page!
Clovis Real Estate News
History of Quail Lake
Quail Lake is a lakeside community designed in 1991 by a team of architects and designers, including the award-winning architectural firm William Hezmalhalch Architects, Inc., renown landscape architect David Gates, and internationally recognized land planner Bob Odermatt. Quail Lake is a 357 acre community with a 57 acre lake that is surrounded by adjacent green vistas. In fact, over 40% of the Quail Lake community is permanent open space which allows for unblocked views of the Sierra Nevada mountains.
Not only does Quail Lake offer spectacular lake and mountain views, Quail Lake is environmentally friendly. Considered a leading green community in Clovis, Quail Lake was masterfully designed to include water recycling, groundwater recharge, wetlands preservation, and countless energy-saving and environmentally-responsible green building amenities. While other communities are just now beginning to consider green techniques, Quail Lake has always utilized environmentally building techniques.
Quail Lake provides over 700 home sites ranging from million dollar luxury custom homes to more affordable family and retirement residences. Quail Lake is designed into 5 unique harbors: Acacia, The Cove, Landmark, Mountain View, and South Bay. Each harbor is it’s own community but all of the harbors share the same Quail Lake amenities. For example, most of the homes in the Landmark harbor are lakefront, whereas the Acacia harbor homes are next to the wetlands and walking trail. The Mountain View harbor faces the Sierra Nevada.
Adjacent to Quail Lake is the Creekside community, an affordable 60 home community nestled against a winding creek. Joined by a walking bridge, Creekside residents share all of the same amenities as the Quail Lake community.
Want a brand new Quail Lake home? You can build a brand new home from scratch or buy an express move-in ready home from the local Quail Lake developer, or design and build a custom Quail Lake home on one of the few custom lots still available.
There are pluses and minuses of each choice. I’ve worked on countless transactions in Quail Lake and will help you get the very best home at the very best possible price. The seller has a team and staff working for them. Shouldn’t you?
FREE List of Quail Lake Homes for Sale
Top Rated School
Quail Lake has its own charter school – Quail Lake Charter Environmental School – which is ranked as one of the top schools in all of California. Designed by award winning architects Dyson, Sierjin, and Janzen, the 7 acre school is located within the gated Quail Lake community and within walking distances of all Quail Lake homes.
In 2008, Quail Lake Charter Environmental School was recognized by the California Department of Education as a California Distinguished School. This award is given only to the state’s most exemplary and inspiring public schools. According to the CA Department of Education, schools selected for Distinguished School Awards are “strong, well-rounded community schools.” Quail Lake Environmental is also recognized as “among the few schools in California to receive a distinguished GreatSchools Rating of 10 out of 10.”
Quail Lake parents agree. Quail Lake’s charter school is exceptional:
“My daughter started kindergarten at Quail lake this year. I am so impressed with this school.”
“The things that my daughter has learned in such a short period of time is just amazing! We are so happy with this school!”
- Actual parent comments
Quail Lake Environmental Charter School serves grades K-8. Students in 9-12 attend Sanger United School District or can attend Clovis Unified School District (if the parents or legal guardian work in Clovis, read more).
Activities & Things to Do
Quail Lake hosts numerous community events (see Community Events below), has a 2-mile walking trail, two parks with playground equipment (plus another 2 acre park!), a 4,600 square foot clubhouse, community swimming pool (with infant pool), stunning mountain and water views, an abundance of spring, summer, and fall flowers, and even a community waterfall.
Other things to do in the community include boating, sailing, kayaking, bird watching, and fishing just to name a few.
Quail Lake Photo Gallery
Click here to see a gallery of Quail Lake photos. Whether it’s spring, summer, fall, or winter – Quail Lake is simply beautiful.
One of the many benefits to living at Quail Lake is its community events. The 2010 Quail Lake Community Events have just been released:
- February 19 – Love Wine & Chocolate – Clubhouse
- March 27th – Easter – Easter Egg Hunt
- April 24th – Nature Tour
- May15th – Parking Lot Sale
- June 26th – Summer Celebration
- August 7th – Movie Night in the Park – Clubhouse
- Sept 25th – Chili Cook Off & Car Show
- October 31st – Halloween – Trunk or Treat
- November 13th – Thanksgiving – Lets be Thankful
- December 4th – Holiday Open House
Location, Location, Location
Quail Lake is located just east of downtown Clovis next to the Sierra Nevada foothills. Quail Lake’s quiet and tranquil setting are one of the main reasons residents choose to live here. However, Quail Lake is just minutes away from a number of conveniences and spectacular attractions:
- Sierra Vista Mall (shopping, dining, movies) – 8 minutes
- Save Mart (grocery store) – 5 minutes
- Gas Station / Convenience Store – 2 minutes
- Clovis Community Hospital – 6 minutes
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport – 15 minutes
- Shaver Lake – 40 minutes
- Quail Lake Charter School – Located within the Quail Lake community
- Bike / Walking Trails – Located within the Quail Lake community
- Parks – Located within the Quail Lake community
- Swimming Pool and Clubhouse – Located within the Quail Lake community
- National Parks: Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia – 1.5 – 2 hours
- Sierra Summit (Skiing) – 1 hour 15 minutes
- White Water Rafting – 1 hour 15 minutes
Gated Community, Security, & HOA Dues
Quail Lake is a secure, gated community. Security patrol the community virtually around the clock. Click here to read Quail Lake’s CCRs, i.e., community rules book. Homeowners Association (HOA) dues vary depending on whether the home is lakefront or not. Non-lakefront Quail Lake homes have the same HOA dues of $165 per month. HOA dues for homes on the water are determined by the amount of lakefront footage.
There you have it. I believe there’s no place like Quail Lake. That’s why I live here. Simply put, no other Fresno or Clovis community has the amenities, beauty, or lifestyle of Quail Lake. Let me know if you would like view any Quail Lake homes for sale or if have any questions about the community. I’d love to help you make the move to Quail Lake.
- John McMillen
FREE List of Quail Lake Homes for Sale